Friends of IPA is a unique opportunity to become engaged with a non-profit organization achieving great results in western Honduras. An opportunity to do more than writing a check, but without assuming a lot of responsibilities. An oppor- tunity to involve yourself with the organization or its beneficiaries, in the way you find most rewarding.
By becoming a Friend of IPA, you – or the organization you represent – can choose to:
- Share your knowledge and experience by advising one of our six local project management teams.
- Join the lively discussions at our monthly social and planning meetings in Mount Vernon, WA.
-Travel with us to Honduras, where we will introduce you to real life in indigenous mountain villages and to the people who benefit from our aid.
- Extend your family to include students that you support in school. Exchange letters and photos.
- Hang out with a group of Rotarians who know how to have fun while helping others.
- Help us with local fund-raising activities.
- Attend our annual celebration for Friends, where we rec- ognize your contribution and bring you up to date on our activities in Copán.
- Join our email list to receive our trip reports, minutes of monthly meetings, and other key documents.
The following are invited to become a Friend of the IPA:
- Any individual who donates $1000 or more to the IPA in any year; and
- Any organization that donates $2,000 or more. Eligible organizations include service clubs, foundations, church groups, charities and businesses.
What would my contribution be used for?
It’s up to you. Here are some choices:
-Make an unrestricted donation, where we decide on your behalf which project to support.
-Choose from our various education programs. See funding choices here.
-Choose one of our planned projects in need of funding. See details here.
100% of donated funds pay for direct project expenses. All overhead activities are performed by volunteers who cover their own expenses.
Do I have to make a long-term commitment?
We would of course be delighted to have your long-term involvement with the IPA, but the duration of your support is entirely up to you.
If you are sponsoring a school or secondary student, we do ask that you pledge at least three years of support. However, we understand that circumstances can change, and that you might need to end your support.
Individuals can become a "Friend of IPA" for $1000, organizations can become members for $2,000.